Preamble to the Constitution of the American Legion
FOR GOD AND COUNTRY WE ASSOCIATE OURSELVES TOGETHER
FOR THE FOLLOWING PURPOSES:
- To uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America;
- To maintain law and order;
- To foster and perpetuate a one hundred percent Americanism;
- To preserve the memories and incidents of our associations in all wars;
- To inculcate a sense of individual obligation to the community, state and nation;
- To combat the autocracy of both the classes and the masses;
- To make right the master of might;
- To promote peace and goodwill on earth;
- To safeguard and transmit to posterity the principles of justice, freedom and democracy;
- To consecrate and sanctify our comradeship by our devotion to mutual helpfulness.
American Legion Post 303 practices these words in everything we do. As proud veterans and patriots, we understand that our Nation’s greatest asset is the spirit of community and giving. We firmly believe in the power of the people and of the purposes set forth in the United States Constitution.
Members of our Post and friends and guests to our Post Home are always made to feel welcome. Whether it be a visit to our friendly Canteen and Lounge, singing with our weekly Karaoke hosts or attending one of the many ceremonies we participate in, the camaraderie and love for our community is a compelling force.
Stop by the Post Home at 27678 Imperial Shores Blvd in Bonita Springs and experience this for yourself. Our Post Family includes an American Legion Auxiliary Unit, a Sons of the American Legion Squadron and an American Legion Riders Chapter, all of whom are active participants in all we do.
All of our active groups participate in working in our kitchen, which puts on a lunch every weekday, breakfast every Sunday and complete and inexpensive dinner meals on Friday and Saturday nights. These are all open to the public.
If you have served federal active duty in the United States Armed Forces since December 7, 1941, and have been honorably discharged or are still serving,
YOU are eligible for membership in The American Legion!
* Because eligibility dates remain open, all active duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
**U.S. Merchant Marine eligible only from December 7, 1941 to December 31, 1946 (WWII).
We support all Veterans and hope that all who are eligible will consider becoming a Legionnaire.
The Legionnaires of Post 303 meet on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7PM